Happy Birthday Jan!
This blog post is dedicated to my friend, Jan, who I am sort of considering as my soul mate – who celebrated his 25th birthday last Sunday, 24th.
Here are a few things about him:
- I’ve known him for almost 5 years now from my first job.
- There, I learned that he attended the same university I did,
- and that he graduated with the same degree
- a year after I graduated.
- He is a Gemini too, something I really associate my personality with
- and so does he!
- Lastly, he is one week older than I am,
- but he has always been perceived as the youngest in our group.
On the eve of his birthday, we Geminis from my first work (3 of us), decided to get together to wait for 12am of Jan’s birthday – and also, in a way, celebrate all of our birthdays together, a Gemini birthday party.
A few pictures:
Jan, in my snobbishness and in your cynicism, it amazes me how somehow we have gone beyond our boundaries to meet each other halfway. I guess that’s how most friendships start, by crossing boundaries.
I am glad that in that little space in our lives that we have reserved for each other, we will always know
– that in the expression of our opinions, we always think of what is best for the other however snobbish or cynical our way of expression is.
– that in the disagreements on choices made, we will still and always will be loyal to one another (but without the promise of giving some unsolicited advice from time to time).
– and that in our similarities we will rejoice, and in our differences we will celebrate.
So I guess what I am trying to say is, I am glad having you as a friend and I am proud of the friendship that we have.
Cheers to friendships that last,